On April 19th, 2010 the National Park Service listed the Logan Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.  The nomination put forward by the Ohio State Historic Preservation Officer includes text, pictures and maps describing the history of the original village of Logan and early additions to the east and north, and the history and architecture of the buildings in the District.  PDF links to this information are at the bottom of this page.

Logan Town Center sponsored the nomination, with major funding from the City of Logan.  Members of the Hocking County Historical Society and Logan Town Center volunteered their knowledge of the community and many hours to help with the research.  However, the greatest credit for the nomination belongs to our historic preservation consultants -- Judy Williams and Nathalie Wright, both of Columbus, Ohio.

Hocking County Courthouse, July 1925
60 E. Hunter, c.1924
E. Main looking west toward IOOF
97 E. Main, Rochester Building, 1940
Wasson-Rempel Building, 1940s
98 N. Culver, pre-1950
Main Street c.1940's
National Register Forms

Overview

Statement of Significance

Bibliography

Defining Boundaries

District Maps

District Map Building Key

District Map

Address List

District Map: Small Scale

© 2017 by Logan Town Center, INC  | Proudly created by Risen Media Group LLC